Engaging young professionals can be tough, especially when it comes to events. Throw the word ‘networking’ out there, and people seem to run for the hills.
But you know what makes networking a lot less intimidating and a lot more appealing? When there’s an activity to break the ice. (And no, nothing cheesy.) Remember, young professionals want to connect — but you’ll be much more successful at engaging them if you can help them do so in a way that’s going to be fun.
The next time you are planning an event or event activity for young professionals, keep these ideas in mind:
- A cooking class*
- A Kickboxing class*
- An escape room
- A BYOB painting class*
- A succulent building workshop*
- A Top Golf outing (or even just standard putt putt)
- A bonfire (complete with s’mores)
- A picnic
- A ping pong match-off
- A wine or beer tasting*
- A biking and/or rollerblading excursion
- A yoga and/or meditation class*
- A pottery class*
- A scavenger hunt*
- A (friendly) laser tag battle
*With a little creativity (and possibly additional resources), these eight can be done virtually!