Unicorns are impossible to find. ROI doesn’t have to be. This webinar explores the challenges that get in the way of tracking and driving chapter ROI and how the right data can be your best friend.
In this webinar, we explored the challenges that get in the way of tracking and driving chapter ROI and how the right data can be your best friend. Don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything – unfortunately due to a technical difficulty, the first 15 minutes of the webinar recording is missing. Feel free to contact us if you have questions! View Slides >>
Why are you here? You’re not sure chapters are worth the effort. Chapter require a lot of time, money and resources to support. You’re sick of fighting with chapters. Members had a poor chapter experience. You’re not sure if membership structure and chapter model is working. National colleagues question if you even need chapters.
Strategy: Component Challenges
- Chapters: Suffer from a dysfunctional leader. Volunteer, staff and board misalignment. Active opposition to National strategic initiative. Volunteer burnout. Inability to recruit new members.
- Staffing: The average staffing of full-time employees per National is 3.3 -the average chapter volunteer leadership is 65%.
- Communication: 37% of association indicated that their chapters are somewhat or rarely aligned. Do you have a regular communication or cadence?
- Governance: Chapter responsibility. Risk management. Limited effectiveness. Uniqueness between chapters.
ROI: How to Drive & Track Chapter ROI
Member Retention = ROI
- What is your member turnover? Renewal rates? Engagement rates?
- What is the quality of chapter data?
- How do you measure chapter member and financial data?
Conference & Events = ROI
- Member engagement + member value + member retention
- Member acquisition
- Registration fees
New Membership = ROI
- Sharing data is key
- # of new members per chapter and costs of membership
- Understanding how majority of members are acquired
Product & Service Sales = ROI
- Standardization can help
- What do you need? Types? Payment? Promotion?