We understand that volunteers are the lifeline of your organization. On average, volunteers spend over 50 hours per year donating their time. And, did you know volunteers are worth approximately $24 an hour? Just because they donate time out of the goodness in their hearts, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t find ways for them to make a greater impact and make their volunteer experience as valuable as their service is to us.
In this presentation, you will learn how leveraging technology can help you recruit, grow, and retain volunteers. We will dive into a few different topics under each section, and even suggest tools we have already vetted out and gave our stamp of approval.
Since you were unable to join us for the presentation, here’s a link to download the slide deck to share with your colleagues.
Tools we used for this session
- Poll Everywhere – Live polling system we used to engage our audience
- OneDrive – Online document collaboration via Microsoft Office 365
Tools to Recruit Volunteers
- SignUpGenius – Free tool to leverage for micro volunteering, which allows volunteers to sign up for tasks on their own.
- Zoom – Video conferencing platform that can be used to increase face time with remote volunteers for virtual volunteering.
- SurveyMonkey – Free tool to gather data on volunteer interests and align opportunities with professions.
- Video: 10 ways to have a better conversation – Ted Talk
Tools to Grow Volunteers
- Powtoon – Easy video animation platform to increase online learning engagement
- Kahoot! – Engaging tool for training, presentations, events, and team building
- Zoom – Video conferencing platform to increase face time for micro-moments.
Professional Development Resources
- Audible – Audiobook platform
- Our Favorites: Hacking Your Leadership
Tools to Retain Volunteers
- Slack – Collaboration hub for volunteers to message, share files, and search previous content.
- GroupMe – Free group messaging app for real-time conversations.
- Higher Logic – Online community platform to increase volunteer awareness, engagement, growth and retention.
- Handwrytten – Automated cards to save time while increasing recognition.
- Sendoso – Automated gifting service for recognition program.
- Giftcards.com – Free automated gift card service for recognition program.
- Matchbox Virtual Media– Event production platform to leverage for an online leadership conference.