Tools we used for this session
- Poll Everywhere – Live polling system we used to engage our audience
- OneDrive – Online document collaboration via Microsoft Office 365
Tools to Recruit Volunteers
- SignUpGenius – Free tool to leverage for micro volunteering, which allows volunteers to sign up for tasks on their own.
- Zoom – Video conferencing platform that can be used to increase face time with remote volunteers for virtual volunteering.
- SurveyMonkey – Free tool to gather data on volunteer interests and align opportunities with professions.
- Video: 10 ways to have a better conversation – Ted Talk
Tools to Grow Volunteers
- Powtoon – Easy video animation platform to increase online learning engagement
- Kahoot! – Engaging tool for training, presentations, events, and team building
- Zoom – Video conferencing platform to increase face time for micro-moments.
Professional Development Resources
- Audible – Audiobook platform
- Our Favorites: Hacking Your Leadership
Tools to Retain Volunteers
- Slack – Collaboration hub for volunteers to message, share files, and search previous content.
- GroupMe – Free group messaging app for real-time conversations.
- Higher Logic – Online community platform to increase volunteer awareness, engagement, growth and retention.
- Handwrytten – Automated cards to save time while increasing recognition.
- Sendoso – Automated gifting service for recognition program.
- Giftcards.com – Free automated gift card service for recognition program.
- Matchbox Virtual Media– Event production platform to leverage for an online leadership conference.