STREAMLINE EVENT REGISTRATION
Utilizing online or mobile tools can make event registration easy for your chapter. Consider a mobile solution, like Billhighway Anywhere, to collect registration payments and donations on-site at your events. Anywhere’s mobile application integrates with a Bluetooth-enabled card reader, so you can offer attendees a cashless payment or donation experience. An integrated solution minimizes the financial risk for your chapter and takes some of the administrative duties off your volunteers.
Check with your contact at National to see if they offer a common event registration tool for chapters to use. Review the following questions when deciding how you’d like to manage event registration:
- Is there a national-hosted event registration solution available for you to leverage?
- Are there best practices and processes that you should be adhering to in an attempt to optimize registrations and attendance?
- Do you, as a chapter leader, have access to email templates for event invites, reminders and follow-ups? How can you access those templates?
- If someone registers on-site, how should those registrations be handled so that they’re secure/compliant and properly documented?
- How should you be tracking event registration data in your member databases? What are the minimum expectations?
If your organization does not have event or registration tools available, research these typical event registration services:
- EventBrite: Enables event managers to take payments via card reader.
- SignUpGenius: Provides the option to include payment and donation tools for guests.
- BrownPaperTickets: Allows you to sell tickets without facing any extra fees.
- WuFoo: Makes creating HTML forms a breeze.
LEVERAGE EVENT SPONSORSHIP
Event sponsors can help minimize costs and grow support for your chapter. Check with National to see if they have standardized event sponsorship programs for chapters to use. If not, consider the following sponsorship ideas for your next chapter event:
- Experience Sponsorships: Unique, experience-based sponsorship opportunities (e.g. entertainment, lounge area, coffee bar, etc.).
- Lunch: A catered, all-inclusive lunch allowing for a 10-minute presentation and sponsor-provided collateral at each attendee seat.
- Scholarship: Scholarship named after the sponsor where the sponsor logo will be featured on materials promoting the scholarship and a sponsor representative may recognize the recipient at the event.
- Promotional Table: Table located inside the event space where sponsors can display materials and interact with attendees.
- Welcome Reception: A catered, all-inclusive breakfast allowing for recognition in the services areas and podium.
- Badge Sponsorship: Full-color logo printed on all attendee and speaker badges or badges presented on a sponsor branded lanyard.
- WiFi: Recognitions in the event program with WiFi login credentials.
To make sponsorships easier to manage, you could also consider offering tiered options based off the following examples:
- Display collateral at the event
- Podium recognition at the event and any meals
- Opportunity to host welcome reception
- Host a promotional table at the event
- Branded collateral or swag at each attendee seat or in a bag given to attendees
- Host a promotional table at the event
- Branded collateral (one piece) at each attendee seat or in a bag given to attendees
- Recognition in chapter marketing collateral (emails, newsletters etc.)
- Recognition at chapter events
- Recognition on chapter webinars
- Recognition on the chapter webpage
ALL EVENT SPONSORS COULD RECEIVE:
- Recognition in sponsor section of marketing materials and program
- Recognition on a cover slide of the event’s presentations. PDF versions of the presentations could later be published on the chapter’s website.
- Pre and post-conference registration list in electronic form.
Keeping these key areas in mind when planning your next chapter event can help minimize the daunting task of planning. In the next post of our Chapter Leader Playbook series, we discuss how to get the most out of your planning efforts with pre and post event marketing.