The past few years have brought about a lot challenges for labor unions. One the biggest threats to come up has been legislation eliminating the ability to collect dues and/or political contributions via payroll deductions. We’ve collaborated with a panel of experienced labor professionals to discuss these changes.
The big question: Can my union lose payroll deductions for dues? Is your union preparing for the worst?
Why are you here?
- All unions are at risk for the loss of payroll deductions
- Preparing for potential threats from political elections
- Planning for future changes
What we are discussing today:
- New reality for MEA and AFT
- Impact of threats on labor
- Observations and takeaways