Understanding your chapter roles in relation to the Parent is important when communicating and reporting. Find the solution to effective communication strategies.
Former CoSN Director of Membership & Chapters, Dresden Farrand, walks us through how her and her team leveraged their components to see great increases in revenue, member retention, chapter acquisition and more. View Slides >>
Why are you here? Components can be challenging! Components are important, don’t know where to start. Measuring direct impact of components.
What makes a good component?
The framework: Structure + Strength + Sustainability = Strong Component
- Member experience
- Sustainability of the model
- Shared revenue model
- Willingness to build brand awareness
- Deliver and invest in products and services
Acquiring New Chapters
- Resources: weak chapters require a lot of work
- Eliminate: It’s ok to dissolve a chapter
- Effort: Process = huge effort (challenges and obstacles)
- Retention: chapters = retention
- Leverage: Components = opportunity to leverage, not a structure to manage
- Leadership: Leadership development and technical assistance is critical
- Board: Changes communicated by the board, not staff
Value Proposition & Engagement
- Simplify: Local component responsibilities simplified
- Expertise: Chapter access to expertise = increased value to members
- Input: Chapters want acknowledgement and want to provide input