Multipurpose programming is the solution to addressing a packed calendar that’s laden with too many meetings, programs, or activities.
- Count a university program or event as a chapter program or event. In other words, if both the university and your chapter/organization require similar programming around a topic, and it meets your requirements, take advantage of the university’s event, and count it as a chapter event.
- Members will thank you for not making them attend two separate events.
- You may save resources (time, money) by not having to plan a separate event.
- Use it as a great PR opportunity by asking members to wear their letters to the event!
- Make chapter meetings more productive and fun. Take a critical look at your agenda. Is your business meeting nothing but announcements and reports? If so, consider doing a “paper meeting” to take care of the business and use that valuable time to do a fun chapter event, team building activity, or work session (i.e. recruitment prep).