Join us as we walk through a case study with membership consultant, Scott Oser. Scott worked with the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) to develop a collaborative membership campaign that aimed at growing a specific membership type at both the affiliate and National level.
We’ll cover challenges that arose through the process, how responsibilities were distributed and how the campaign was implemented as a joint effort that overcame the barriers that can often divide affiliates and Nationals. View Slides >>
How one trade association developed a multi-channel recruitment campaign with limited resources and collaboration from National and components. Goal = Increase membership at both National and components in a tough-to-reach member category.
- Enlist help of membership committee
- Review internal resources
- Complete research
- Develop strategy and implementation plan
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Develop direct mail lists and materials
- Develop targeted brochures
- Organize communications around ‘National Call Day’
- Recruit volunteers, make calls, distribute materials and send results for tracking
- Measure: Ensure you’re set up to properly track and monitor performance of the initiative.
- Support: Make sure you are providing what components need to get the job done right.
- Segment: Customize your outreach to maximize impact.