How do we authentically reward, recognize and support chapter volunteers?
National Volunteer Week is April 18th through April 24th. We’ve compiled our favorite ideas for ways you can authentically reward, recognize and support your volunteers. Volunteers represent a large portion of our fraternal organizations, so they are critical to our ability to meet member needs and move our missions.
Looking for quick ideas to say thanks for National Volunteer Week? Here are a few:
- A funny GIF thank you email
- Handwritten thank you note
- Highlight on social media
- Start a scholarship in the name of a volunteer
- Send flowers
- Social campaign for chapters to nominate volunteers for recognition
- Giveaways: gift card, or customized merchandise
- Phone call … it goes further than you’d think!
While National Volunteer Week is a specific week in a specific month, showing volunteer appreciation should happen all year long. Whatever the time or way, it is the doing that’s important.
Give your volunteers the gift of automation! Learn how Billhighway can help your volunteers spend less time on manual tasks, and more time on what really matters.