As a chapter leader, you are no stranger to hard work. On top of the responsibilities of your position, you have to juggle administrative tasks like scheduling, coordinating meetings, and managing email communication. Save time by leveraging easy-to-use tools that are designed to take on the administrative burden for you.
In our Chapter Leader Playbook series, we referenced many of the tools below and how you can use them to your advantage in running your chapter. We compiled them all into one handy list for your convenience. Before paying for any services, be sure to check with National to see if they offer a similar tool at a reduced or no cost.
ONLINE DOCUMENT SHARING
- Google Docs: Create and edit documents online, for free.
- 4 Shared: Free file sharing and storage.
- DropBox: Cloud storage, file hosting and live collaboration service.
ONLINE COLLABORATION, DISCUSSION & COMMUNITY
- Google Groups: Space for your chapter to communicate and collaborate.
- Groupsites: Platform that allows communication, collaboration and networking for your chapter.
- Slack: A single place for messaging, tools and files – allowing everyone to save time and collaborate together.
- Tapatalk: Connects to over 100,000 online forums worldwide. Post easily with unlimited photo and video sharing and instant push notifications.
- Unison: Communication and organization software for your chapter.
- Doodle: Allows you to poll your chapter on tentative meeting times & avoid back-and-forth emails.
- Picktime: Smarter way of scheduling appointments, meetings, classes, interviews, and reservations.
- Calendly: Helps you easily schedule meetings for your chapter.
CONFERENCE CALL SERVICES
- GroupMe: Offers group messaging and conferencing.
- GoogleVoice: Use your free number to text, call, and check voicemail – all from one app.
- me: Free screen sharing, online meetings and team collaboration.
- GoToMeeting: Web conferencing software that makes it simple to collaborate online, in real time.
- Zoom: Video communication platform for conferencing, chat, and webinars.
SOCIAL MEDIA, NETWORKING & PROMOTION
- Buffer: Makes it easy to schedule posts, analyze performance, and manage all your chapter accounts in one place.
- TweetDeck: Offers a more convenient Twitter experience by letting you view multiple timelines in one easy interface.
- Hootsuite: Manage multiple networks on a single, secure platform.
- ListServe: Electronic mailing list which allows a sender to send one email to an entire group.
EMAIL MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION
- MailChimp: Do-it-yourself email marketing service lets you create attractive HTML emails, build subscription forms, manage your contact lists, and track results.
- TinyLetter: Offers a clean and straightforward writing experience.
- Constant Contact: Ability to create effective email marketing and other online marketing campaigns to meet your chapter goals.
- iContact: Helps create, send, and track email newsletters, surveys, and auto-responders.
- AnyMeeting: Web conferencing and webinar services that enable users to host and attend web based conferences and meetings.
- GoToWebinar: A platform to create and deliver online and video conferences.
- Zoom: Easily conduct large online events with video, audio, and screen sharing for better engagement.
SURVEYS & POLLING
- Survey Gizmo: A robust survey and data insights platform that empowers your chapter to make smarter decisions.
- Survey Monkey: Provides free customizable surveys.
- TypeForm: A versatile data collection tool. Typeform makes asking easy & answering refreshing.
- Google Forms: Create a new survey on your own or with others at the same time.
- Poll Everywhere: Live interactive audience participation through real time polling.
- Kahoot: Game-based learning and trivia platform, where anyone can create a multiple-choice quiz which becomes a game.
- JotForm: Build, publish, and share online forms for generating leads, distributing surveys, and more.
WEBSITES & WEB HOSTING
- Weebly: Easily create a high-quality website, blog, or online store.
- WPEngine: Provides brands the solutions they need to create remarkable sites and apps on WordPress.
- DreamHost: Web hosting provider and domain name registrar.
- Wix: Website builder that allows users to create websites and mobile sites through the use of online drag and drop tools.
- Webs: Create a free website with professionally designed website templates, free web hosting, and a simple website builder.
EVENT REGISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- EventBrite: Event management and ticketing website that allows users to browse, create, and promote local events.
- BrownPaperTickets: Ticket management support for any organizer hosting any sort of ticketed event.
- Reservio: Online booking and appointment scheduling software.
- WuFoo: Online form builder that helps create contact forms, online surveys, and event registrations.
- 99 Designs: Creative platform for custom graphic design.
- Envato Elements: Thousands of stock photos, fonts, and web templates.
- Getty Images: Find high resolution, royalty-free images, editorial stock photos, vector art, video footage clips, and stock music licensing.
- Really Good Emails: Website that showcases email designs and resources to assist you with creating Really Good Emails.
- Canva: Graphic-design tool that uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to over a million photographs, graphics, and fonts.
- lumen5: Video creation platform that enables anyone to easily create engaging video content.
- Piktochart: An online infographics tool with easy-to-use drag and drop builder, with hundreds of simple graphics to choose from.
- StickerGenius: Custom restickable stickers, signs, and more.
- Asana: Web and mobile application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
- Trello: Boards, lists, and cards enable users to organize and prioritize projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
- Zapier: Connect the apps you use everyday to automate your chapter work and be more productive.