In case you missed any of our previous webinars, we’ll recap our best tips, tricks and advice from 2016.
Watch this webinar to see the top 10 takeaways for chapter-based associations. We’ll talk about learning from other component relations professionals (CRPs), supporting volunteers, setting expectations and more! View Slides >>
- Define Reality: What is your current situation? Describe the who, what, where, when, why and how. Identify red flags and create a plan.
- Know What Matters: Align your organization and define your goals. Determine what success looks like and track/measure them.
- Start Small: Identify 2-3 goals to pilot and test. Focus on the top 10% and bottom 10% of your organization.
- Tell A Story: Data is your friend. You need to collect the data, interpret it and put it to use.
- Learn From Other CRPs: Learn from each other. Attend an event or conference. Use ASAE’s Collaborate. Call/email another CRP. Ask Billhighway.
- Ask for Feedback: Survey your chapters and members. Create a working or advisory group. Follow up and make a change.
- Support Volunteers: Reduce the burden by providing tools and templates. Support volunteers by offering training and professional development options.
- Set a Cadence: Communication is a two-way street. Create regular check-in meetings and put it on the calendar.
- Set Expectations: Set chapter expectations so they have bylaws. Create a Rules of Affiliation handout or Chapter Playbook.
- Be Aware of Pitfalls: Paralysis by analysis. Don’t have a fear of failure. Provide some tough love to your chapters/volunteers.