We’re floored by the range of challenges and issues that component relations professionals (CRPs) must address every day. During the Association Component Exchange (CEX), we asked our resident association chatter, KiKi L’Italien, to talk with attendees about overcoming CRP challenges and making an impact on their members, chapters, association, and industry.
You might know KiKi from her role as host of Association Chat or consultant at Tecker International, but did you know she was once a CRP at two associations too? She put her CRP hat back on at CEX, the one-day conference for CRPs we co-host with Peggy Hoffman and Peter Houstle of Mariner Management. We recorded KiKi’s conversations and captured the highlights in this five-part series of posts.
- What people think CRPs do and what CRPs really do
- What CRPs love about their work
- Challenges faced and impact made by CRPs
- The CRP secret sauce: necessary skills and traits
- Advice for future CRPs and the future CRP role
Despite the importance of the work you do, the life of a CRP is not all wine and roses. KiKi asked the CRPs about their challenges.